Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cape Cod, Nunfest 2009

Well last weekend represented the last weekend of the summer and I was fortunate enough to spend it on Cape Cod. My buddy Frank and I headed down there because his friend Tim, who is the owner of The Red Nun in Chatham, was hosting the first annual "NunFest." Well that's not the official name but we spent the rest of the weekend referring to it by that name. It was a charity event that hosted music acts throughout the afternoon. Wachusett Brewing Company was on hand pouring their famous Blueberry Ale along with the rest of their flavorful beers. The performances were great and there were a couple that reall y stood out to me. There was one artist who came and performed by himself named Chris Pappas. He is the lead singer of The Everyday Visuals which is a Boston based band that is fairly well known. Frank introduced him as a James Blunt type (meant as a compliment) talent and he turned out to not disapoint. His last song was the one that sewed it up for me. He started off on another acoustic ballad but stopped about 30 seconds in. He appologized and said he doesn't normally do the next song but he wanted to do it. It was Nirvana "My Girl, My Girl Tell me where did you sleep last night." By the end he was just wailing and we all were just staring totally engrossed. Nothing better than live music to make you feel alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment