Monday, September 21, 2009

Quick Note: Gilbert Arenas

Ok, so I don't own an NBA Franchise or a business but why would you invest your future in a player with an attitude like Gilbert Arenas. He has been injured the last 2 years after having 2 other productive years yet somehow the Wizards gave him a 6 year $111 Million dollar deal. He said this year he is finally ready but blamed the team for not protecting him from himself http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4480321 . Like most of us I find it disgusting that the face of a franchise would come out and make ridiculous accusations of his current employer especially considering he hasn't even said that they made him play when injured. Check out the article and see what you think. You may want to be close to the toilet because it could cause you to be sick. Not just that, I went on to Wikipedia and this is what it said under his bio:

Arenas had only played in 8 games this season due to a knee injury, before he started practicing again in May, and returned to action on April 2, 2008 against the Milwaukee Bucks,[13] scoring 17 points in a 110–109 home loss.[14]
Ten days prior, Arenas stormed out of the locker room before a game against the Detroit Pistons.[15] He had wanted to play, but his doctor did not give him clearance.[16] Arenas made a surprise return on April 9, when he came out of the locker room with 5:30 left in the first quarter.

I mean really?! These players are unreal. It's no wonder kids identify with these guys. They behave just like them. I remember how cool I thought Barry Bonds was when he would non-chalant his fly ball catches and now I realize that if I wouldn't find that attitude cool in any other proffesional. Maybe I'm showing my age but I thing I'm just showing my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment