Monday, September 21, 2009

Movie Seen: Informant!

Got out of the gym after finishing up an hour of lousy hoops (lousy referring to my performance) and decided I needed a little pick-me-up. Since the Gym is directly above the Loews Boston Common I headed over. I had been interested in seeing the documentary September Issue about the head of Vogue Magazine (I know, not exactly a manly movie but I'm interested in successful people, especially ones accused of being horrendous to work for) but I saw Informant! with Matt Damon had opened. I went in with high hopes but was literally counting the minuets before it ended. It wasn't that there weren't funny moments or that Mstt Damon wasn't great (he was) it was just that the moments were so far and between that I didn't feel like laughing when they finally arrived. The movie seemed to just float along with no sense of direction and no urgency. The drama did not build and by the end I didn't care how it ended, I was just happy it was over (though it wasn't technically since as I left they were still telling us about where the characters are today). If you want to see a movie which is clocked at an hour and fourty five minutes but feels an hour longer than that then here's your movie. Sorry besides the excellent use of music there was little enjoyable about this. So my lousy hoops performance sat there like a rock in my stomach and my mind was left to dwell upon how I wished I had gone to see that documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment